Dubai: If you are using your Emirates ID to register for an online service, you may be required to complete a two-step verification, which includes a one-time password (OTP) being sent to your registered mobile number.
However, if your mobile number has changed, or if you wish to update the mobile number registered with your Emirates ID for any other reasons, how can you do so?
Gulf News raised the query with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), which provided a link to the online service, which can be availed by any Emirates ID holder.
To access the service, click here.
You would then need to carefully follow these steps:
Step 1: Enter details of your request
You will be required to fill in the following details:
• Current Nationality – Select your nationality from a dropdown menu.
• Identity Number – this is the Emirates ID number, printed on the front of the card.
• File Number – The file number is printed on your residence visa, which is stamped in your passport. While filling out the form, you will see the file number slots contain the following sections: department; year; service; sequence.
o Under the first category, ‘Department’, you would need to fill in the three-digit code that your file number starts with. For example, 101, 201, 301 etc.
• Name (English) – Fill in your name exactly like it is printed on your Emirates ID.
• Name (Arabic) – The system will automatically generate the Arabic version of your name.
• Passport No. – Enter your passport number here.
• Date of Birth – select the exact date from the calendar meu.
• Last Entry Date – this should be the last entry stamp on your passport, for when you entered the borders of the UAE.
• Email Address – provide your email address here.
• Check the box for your current mobile number, as registered with ICA.
• Enter the new mobile number. You will then receive a one-time password on the new number, which you need to enter into the form.
• Next, add your address details.
• Select the captcha verification and proceed.
Step 2: Review application
The system will then provide the updated details to you, which you need to verify. If you wish to make any changes, you can return to Step 1 to do so. Once you have confirmed the details, proceed to the final step.
Step 3: Make the payment
You will then be redirected to a payment portal, where you would need to make the online payment for the e-service. Currently, the complete charge for updating your details is Dh52.10.
Once you have made the payment, you will be redirected to the ICA website, where you will receive a notification informing you that the request has been successfully made and your details updated.
Source: Gulf News